Tuesday 4 March 2014

PB Lure Caught Perch 2lb 3oz, Daiwa D-Fin 4" Chartreuse Rigged Weedless

  Got up at around 6am to do a bit of Perch fishing with lures on my local canal. Got to the water as the sun was rising so the low light conditions were perfect. However during this period of low light i didn't manage to catch a fish!

  Later on in the morning, around 9am, the day had become overcast so conditions gave me confidence of a fish or two. I had been using a new soft lure i had purchased the week before, a Daiwa D-Fin 4" in Chartreuse colour. As we know canals are littered with snags on the bottom so i decided to rig the lure weedless on a 6g Jighead and slow hop it back from the far bank. I started fan casting from right to left at a spot i'd previously had success at. I had no success in the open water in front of me which usually produces a fish or but to my left, on the towpath side, was a barge which isn't usually moored there so thought id have a chuck down the side of this in hope that a perch is lying in wait under or around this added feature.

Daiwa D-Fin Chartreuse & Decoy Violence weedless Jighead
  An underarm chuck down the far side of the barge was left to settle on the bottom for a second or two before i started the slow, twitching retrieve back towards my feet. After a few seconds of retrieve the lure was nearing the end of the barge when it got slammed! My light spinning rod bent over and i knew it was a nice fish. After a short battle the fish came to the surface and i slid the net underneath it, i knew it was good fish.

  After weighing the fish it tipped the scales at 2lb 3oz, a new PB for me, safe to say it was worth the early alarm clock!



Thanks for Reading, Sam Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment