Monday 17 March 2014

Lure Caught Pike on Spro BBZ Jr 4" GoPro 3+

   After the recent warm weather i decided to try a trip to my local water to fish for the pike. The air temperature was around 11 degrees and the weather was overcast with little wind, perfect. I went up and started off using a Megabass Dorum 120 on the surface to see if i could tempt one off the top, no luck.
  I quickly changed over to a Spro BBz Jr 4" Floating version in the Roach pattern.

Spro BBZ jr 4" Roach








  This swim bait runs a couple of inches under the surface when coupled with the wire trace i use for my pike fishing. The lure is in my Top 10 Shallow Pike Lures i mentioned in a previous post, see here http://sgjlures.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/my-top-10-pike-lures-for-shallow-water.html
  Here is a short video i shot while using the Spro BBZ Jr 4".


Hopefully as the water keeps warming, the pike fishing will get even more productive and i should be able to get some footage of pike taking lures off the surface soon.

Thanks for reading, Sam Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment